Caprese Pasta Salad
A delicious summer pasta salad with tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella.
For the dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the pasta salad:
- 1 lb pasta, cooked spiral, bow tie, or other of your choice
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cubed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- balsamic glaze for drizzling
In a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
Add the cooked and drained pasta to a large bowl while still warm. Drizzle with dressing and mix to coat the pasta. Chill in fridge until cooled.
Add the halved grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and thinly sliced basil. Mix to combine.
Garnish with sliced basil, drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.