Cheesy Smoked Sausage Soup
Easy to put together and perfect for a chilly evening!
- 2 medium sized potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 13.5 oz pkg smoked sausage cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Mrs. Dash or other all-purpose seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese plus more for topping, if desired
Place potatoes, onions, peppers and smoked sausage in slow cooker. Mix broth, half & half, and cornstarch together and pour over potato mixture. Add seasonings and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours, or until potatoes are cooked through and fork tender.
Stir in shredded cheese until melted. Serve with additional cheese as topping, if desired.