Pineapple Mint Martini
This is really a technique rather than a recipe. The flavors can be mixed and matched to your own taste!
- 3 oz vodka infused with cucumber
- 2 oz pineapple puree or other fruit of your choice
- 1 oz Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 oz lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 oz simple syrup flavor with fresh herbs of your choice
- fruits and herbs for garnish
If using infused vodka, be sure to allow ample time for flavors to release--at least 24 hours. Plain vodka can be used, but results will not be the same.
Create fruit puree by blending fruit of choice in a blender or Nutri Bullet until smooth. Add small amounts of water as needed to get a smoothie-like consistency.
Create simple syrup by simmering equal parts water and sugar in a sauce pan over low heat until clear. Add fresh herbs, such as mint or basil, and allow to simmer until slightly thickened. Allow to cool and then discard herbs. Store in fridge (a mason jar works well) for up to 3 weeks.
Add all ingredients for cocktail (except garnish) with ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously, then pour through strainer lid into two martini glasses.
Garnish as desired.