Whip up a batch to serve a crowd. Perfect for holiday gatherings!
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon 750 ml
- 8 oz vodka
- 2 Bartlett pears thinly sliced
- 2 Anjou pears thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 24 oz club soda
- ice cubes for serving
- extra rosemary, pear slices and pom seeds for garnishes
Combine sugar, red wine, and vodka in a large pitcher. Add pear slices, pomegranate seeds, and rosemary.
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but overnight is better.
Before serving, add ice and top with club soda. You can add this directly to the pitcher, but I prefer to add ice to individual glasses, and allow guests to pour sangria and top with their desired amount of club soda, in order to control the strength of the drink.You can also set out pomegranate juice for guests to mix in if they want their drink even less strong.