Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad
A fresh and easy summery side dish.
- 2-3 cups cooked corn (see recipe notes below)
- 2 avocados cut into cubes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime zest grated
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients, and gently toss to mix.
Chill salad for an hour or two to let flavors blend.
Fresh corn, cut from the cob is really the best choice for this recipe. The freshness of all the ingredients is what makes it amazing.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling and boil the corn for 3-5 minutes.
- Grill the corn over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes, without husks, or 15-20 minutes inside husks.
- Cut the corn off the cob and saute in a pan with a little oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Sautee on the cob, turning to get charred marks on all sides, then remove from cob once cool enough to handle. (This is the method I used)