Thinking About Yellowstone NP
Exactly a year ago this week, we took an epic 2 1/2 week-long bucket-list road trip, which included almost a week in Yellowstone.
I’m having a hard time reconciling my memories of the incredible scenery with the devastation I’ve seen on the news as a result of the recent record flooding.
The people and places impacted by this natural disaster have been on my mind a lot this week. 💔
Yellowstone Trip 2021
On the left is my daughter Cassidy with her 2x great-grandmother in 1995. When Evelynn was here for a visit last week, I dressed her in the same outfit so I could take a picture.
I love this pic of my great-grandmother and my daughter. Not many kids get to meet their 2x great-grandparents.
Happy Father’s Day
And last, but definitely not least…. we are celebrating the best fathers and grandfathers today at The House on Silverado.
My dad, husband, and son-in-law are three of the best. ❤️
In Case You Missed It…
The Weekly Features!
There were so many great links shared this week, that I couldn’t stick to my typical four or five features.
In fact, I ended up with eight features that are all about things I love about summer: cooking supper on the grill, recipes with fresh garden produce, herbs, and seasonal fruit, sitting on the porch swing with a glass of iced coffee, flea market road trips, summer flowers, beachy vacations, and happy hour on the patio! #ilovesummer
- Homemade Vanilla Fruit Pops | Crystal and Comp I have THESE popsicle molds and plan to try Crystal’s recipe!
- Citrus Steak Skewers | Homemade on a Weeknight
- Iced Caramel Macchiato | Organized Island
- DIY Embroidered Sun Hat | Me and My Inklings
- Summertime Blossoms on the Table | Dinner at Eight
- Tomato, Ricotta, & Pesto Crostini | The Savory Cipolla
- Mint-Infused Water | The Wooden Spoon Effect
- A Morning at the Flea Market | Thrifting in Wonderland
All features have been pinned to the Sundays on Silverado Pinterest Board!
Time to link up again!
Let’s stay in touch! You can subscribe to The House on Silverado, and follow on social media, so you won’t miss a thing!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog.