Now that our little sweetie, Evelynn, and her mom and dad are home from the NICU and settled, we finally got to have “Christmas” with them!
A long weekend (MLK) and a major snowstorm actually kind of made it feel like Christmas!
We did our best to recreate the holiday vibe with Christmas dinner, treats, holiday decor, and gifts. 🌲🎁
The day after “Christmas”, Evie obliged us and agreed to a little fashion show.
The rainbow crocheted blanket in these pics was made by my mom (Evelynn Irene’s namesake) and was a baby shower gift for my daughter more than 27 years ago. It’s destined to be a family heirloom, no doubt.
My mom also made this entire little pink crocheted outfit for Evelynn’s mom when she was a baby. It is complete with a sweater, bonnet, pants, and booties. Doesn’t Evie look pretty in pink? Lots of pink! 😍
And finally, the little stocking cap Evie has on in the last pic was the one they placed on her mother’s head when she was born 27 years ago.
It was such a good weekend.
“Every good and perfect gift is from above…” James 1:17
In Case You Missed It…
This week, I shared these fresh Strawberry Lemon Bars that would make a great treat for your Valentine.
Here are a few more Valentine treat options that you and your family might enjoy…
The Weekly Features!
Now that the Christmas decor has been packed away, many of us are searching for ways to give our homes a fresh new look for the new year.
The features below show us ways to easily brighten and refresh our homes, or add storage and organization. Thanks for the great ideas, ladies.
Clockwise from top left corner:
- 8 Amazing Thrift Store Finds from Victorian Lane Farms shows how thrifted finds can brighten up our homes.
- Lynne from My Family Thyme shows us how to update old flooring with tile stickers to achieve an amazing new look.
- Checkout all the easy decor hacks that Julie shares at My Wee Abode. I love the contact paper countertops!
- Over at Interior Frugalista, Marie gives a tutorial on how to gain more closet space by building shelving into a niche.
- This amazing thrifted bookcase that got a makeover by Regina at Saved from Salvage is incredible. I’d love to have it in my own home.
All features have been pinned to the Sundays on Silverado Pinterest Board!
Time to link up again!
Let’s stay in touch! You can subscribe to The House on Silverado by using the box on this page, and follow on social media, so you won’t miss a thing!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog.