Happy Memorial Day, friends.
Here’s to remembering so many special people today, and every day.
I’ve been feeling all the things this week, and taking so many walks down memory lane.
Nearly 30 years of teaching came to a close this week.
I’m still working through all the emotions that came with that.
I was a teacher for more than half my life.
For nearly my whole life, I’ve lived by the cadence of the school calendar, as a student myself, as a mom, and as a teacher.
For the vast majority of my career, I considered myself blessed to love my job so much that it wasn’t hard to go to work each day.
I’ve collected so many wonderful memories and experiences over the years, and worked with many incredible teachers, kids, and families that it’s going to take a while to process this huge change.
There are so many things/people I will miss.
Of course, on the other hand, I’m also looking forward to…
- More time for my family! I’m so excited to spend more time with the people I love, especially since our family keeps growing!
- Being on the same schedule as my husband! He works hospital hours, and during the school year, there are many days, evenings, and weekends when we were on completely opposite schedules and didn’t see each other for days at a time. Now, when he’s off on a day through the week, I will be too!
- Being able to travel outside of the school calendar! For the first time in my life, we will be able to vacation when we want, and not just during school breaks. I’m looking forward to vacays that are less crowded, less expensive, and align with what we want to do, rather than what we can do.
- Being able to set my own schedule and operate at my own pace, instead of keeping up with the frenetic school schedule! It’s time for some self-care, and prioritizing my own health for the first time in a very long time.
- More time for The House on Silverado! Instead of my side hustle, this is now my main gig! More time to create, write, connect, enjoy….
- More time for my family. I know, I already said that once, but need I remind you of this little face…
Cheers to 30 years! The best is yet to come… 💕
In Case You Missed It…
I shared my May Pinterest Challenge project along with a dozen of my talented blogger friends. Check out all of these great summer home decor ideas!
I’m working on getting my 3-season porch ready for next week’s Summer Home Tour! I created this DIY Decoupage Wall Art.
Be sure to stop back on Tuesday to see the entire porch decorated for a slow and easy summer.
The Weekly Features!
Summer is here and there is so much to celebrate!
- Upcycled Jam Jar Ideas | Claire Justine
- Fresh Strawberry Scones | Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
- Watermelon Thyme Lemonade | Flour on My Face
- Chicken and Strawberry Salad | Homemade on a Weeknight
All features have been pinned to the Sundays on Silverado Pinterest Board.
PS. Please be sure you’re following The House on Silverado on Instagram so that I can tag all features in my weekly Sundays on Silverado IG Story.
Let’s stay in touch! You can subscribe to The House on Silverado, and follow on social media, so you won’t miss a thing!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog.