I love gingerbread.
And I love banana bread.
So this Ginger Banana Bread combo is pretty much a dream come true.
With ripe bananas, molasses, and warming spices, this Ginger Banana Bread is the perfect holiday treat served with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Have it for breakfast, brunch, coffee break,
Serve it as a beautiful holiday dessert….
Wrap it up and give it as gifts to the neighbors…
Really, you just can’t go wrong with this recipe.
How to Make Ginger Banana Bread
Whisk the Dry Ingredients
Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
Side note: Do you guys have one of these handy little brown sugar savers? It’s such a simple idea, but works so well to keep the brown sugar from turning into dried-out little rocks.
I store my brown sugar in one of these OXO containers, but also leave it in the bag, because I think it’s easier to get the sugar packed into my measuring cup with the help of the bag.
Then, just soak the little terracotta circle in water for a few minutes, dry it off, and place it on top of the bag before replacing the lid. The sugar stays moist with no clumps!
Okay, back to baking…
Mix the Wet Ingredients
Add the bananas and the rest of the wet ingredients to the bowl of your mixer and combine.
Then, add your flour mixture a little at a time, mixing until just combined.
Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake in a 350-degree oven. Mine took about 50 minutes.
It’s done with a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool and Glaze
After it cools on a wire rack, drizzle it with the most delicious vanilla and ginger glaze.
Not only is this loaf moist and delicious, but it’s picture-perfect, too.
You could make this Ginger Banana Bread in smaller loaf pans, wrap with cellophane, tie with a pretty ribbon or string, and you’d have a gift anyone would love to receive.
Want more great recipes like this one? Subscribe to The House on Silverado to get delicious ideas delivered right to your inbox!
Ginger Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup mashed ripe bananas 2-3 small/medium-sized bananas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 x 5-inch non-stick loaf pan with baking spray, or grease with butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, molasses and sugar. Mix on low to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, a little at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate the flour without over-mixing.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the ginger banana bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing and placing loaf on a wire rack.
- While loaf is cooling, prepare the glaze. Mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla, spices, and milk. Whisk until smooth, and the correct consistency for glazing. If too thick, add more milk a few drops at a time. If too thin, add more powdered sugar a little at a time.
- When loaf is fully cooled, drizzle glaze across the entire loaf, allowing it to drip over the sides.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be viewed as an estimate. Ingredients can vary and The House on Silverado makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Happy Winter Baking, Friends,
If you like this recipe, here are a couple more of my favorite loaf cakes for you to try:
Let’s stay in touch! You can subscribe to The House on Silverado to get more great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Also, be sure to follow on social media, so you won’t miss a thing!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog.