Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes is an easy one-pan meal, filled with plenty of fresh produce, in a rich and creamy sauce.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes is the recipe you need right now. Trust me. This one is goooood.
It’s filled with fresh cherry tomatoes, and some spinach for good measure, in a rich and creamy sauce. Plus, it’s a one-pan meal that’s ready in just over 30 minutes. See, what’s not to love?
It’s that time of year when our garden is pumping out the tomatoes. I mean, a shocking amount of tomatoes.
I’ve given them away to family and neighbors, we’ve canned until we can stand to can anymore, and we’re still coming up with ways to use them in recipes.
This Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes is our latest concoction. It’s a great way to use up some of our overload of garden cherry tomatoes, but it’s so good that I guarantee you we will be making it again, and again, with grocery store tomatoes once our garden stops producing.
How to Make Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes
I love a good dish that comes together fast, and only uses one pan. Hooray for less clean-up!
Cook the Chicken Breasts
For this dish, you brown your seasoned chicken breasts in a little olive oil in a large pan. You want to continue cooking them until they are no longer pink in the middle, and golden on the outside.
Add the Veggies
In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic and cook for just about a minute. Then add the cherry tomatoes, and little more salt and pepper. When the tomatoes start to burst, it’s time to add in a few handfuls of spinach. Continue cooking until it wilts.
Isn’t it pretty?
Make the Sauce
Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, and bring it all to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking until the sauce begins to thicken and reduce.
Add the chicken back into the pan, and cook for about 6 or 7 minutes more until the chicken is warmed through.
That’s it! I knew you would be impressed.
This is a one-pan meal with your veggies built right in, so all you need is some delicious, crusty bread for dipping in that creamy sauce.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 TBSP butter
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until browned, and no longer pink in the middle, about 8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes begin to burst, then add spinach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, simmering until sauce is slightly reduced and thickened a bit, about 3 minutes. Add chicken back to the pan, and cook until heated through, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with an additional sprinkle of Parmesan on top, and crusty bread to dip in the sauce.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be viewed as an estimate. Ingredients can vary and The House on Silverado makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
This recipe is a triple threat:
- it’s great for using up an abundance of garden tomatoes
- it’s the perfect one-pan, quick and & easy meal to get you through the back-to-school rush, and busy weeknights
- it’s soooo good
So there you have it.
Let’s stay in touch! You can subscribe to The House on Silverado, and follow on social media, so you won’t miss a thing!
Shop My Farmhouse Kitchen:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog.