Kolacky Baking & Cocktail Sipping
This Cranberry Lime Vodka Spritzer is the perfect red and green Christmas cocktail. Easy to make, and easy to drink!
On Saturday, we invited my mother-in-law over to show us how to bake her traditional Slovak Christmas cookies.
We had such a fun time!
I made some chili in the crockpot that simmered away while we started the dough-making. While the dough chilled, we had lunch, and then baked and sipped these Cranberry Lime Vodka Spritzer holiday cocktails for the rest of the afternoon. It was a good day. 🍹🎄
If you want to see the rest of the fun we had with the kolache baking (and the recipe!) you can check out THIS POST.
But today, I’m here to talk to you about Cranberry Lime Vodka Spritzers. Because they are so good they deserve their own post.
I have to admit, I have no pics of the actual cocktail preparation, as I was deep in the baking process while my hubs whipped them up.
I do have pics of the finished masterpiece, which I hope are enough to convince you that you definitely want to make these.
This cocktail is simple, festive, and mixes up a pitcher that pours eight, so the “bartender” doesn’t have to keep remixing individual drinks, and can enjoy all the fun, too!
Serve it up with some fresh cranberries and a lime wedge as a garnish, add some fun seasonal cocktail napkins, and you have the perfect tart and pretty holiday cocktail.
Cranberry Lime Vodka Spritzer
- 3 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen plus more for garnish, if desired
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 oz) frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup (8 oz) vodka
- 1 can (12 oz) 7up or Sprite we used Spindrift!
- lime slices for garnish
- Combine 1 cup of the water, 3 cups cranberries and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, and discard pulp. This will make your cranberry syrup.
- Stir together cranberry syrup, fresh limeade vodka, and remaining 3 cups water in a pitcher. Pour over glasses of crushed ice, and top each with a splash of soft drink. Garnish with extra cranberries and lime slices.
This post contains affiliate links.