A Rustic Galette with Fresh Summer Peaches is one of the easiest desserts you can make, yet it still looks impressive.
You guys, do you remember last month when Mark and I spent a morning at the strawberry patch and came home with 17 pounds of fresh summer strawberries?! 😗
Well, now this happened…
Recently, I came across an advertisement for a fruit company out of Georgia that was planning to set up a fruit stand not far from our house, with a truckload delivery of fresh Georgia Peaches.
After getting our freezer stocked with all those strawberries, I was all in for adding some fresh summer peaches, too.
For 40 bucks, I ended up with a 25-pound-box of peaches that were trucked to Iowa within a day of harvest. And let me tell you–it was $40 well spent. These are truly the sweetest and juiciest peaches I’ve had in years.
For the past week or so, we’ve been enjoying peaches every which way possible. We’ve snacked on so many of them because they are so irresistible, but we’ve also had peach smoothies, peach cocktails, peach Caprese (OMG!), peach & zucchini muffins… and today I going to share with you a simple, rustic, and delicious galette!
How to Make A Rustic Galette with Fresh Summer Peaches
1. Wash the peaches…
2. Peel and thinly slice…
3. Mix the seasonings & combine with peaches…
4. Roll out your pie crust into a 9-inch circle…
I had one store-bought crust left in my fridge from the package I bought to make my Fresh Strawberry Pie recently, that also was a one-crust pie, so I used that one. But when I make my own crust, I use the one in the first Magnolia Table Cookbook.
Don’t be intimidated– pie crusts are easy and take simple ingredients you probably already have!Magnolia TableShop on Amazon
5. Place peaches on the pie crust & fold up the edges…
6. Gently press the Turbinado sugar into the edges of the crust…
7. Bake at 425° for about 20 minutes…
Fresh Summer Peach Galette
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 6 medium-sized peaches peeled and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Roll out your pie crust into a 9-10 inch circle that's about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the rolled pie crust on a parchment lined cookie sheet. A silicone baking mat would work, too.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cornstarch, and spices.
- Add the sliced peaches into this mixture, and toss to coat completely.
- Arrange the peaches in the center of the pie crust. You can make a pretty pattern, or keep it rustic by just "dumping" them. Fold up the edges of the crust around the peaches.
- Press the Turbinado sugar into the edges of the crust. This is optional, but will give the crust a little bit of a crispness and sparkle around the edges.
- Bake the galette in a 425° oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the crust starts to turn brown.
- Cool slightly before slicing. Can be served warm, or at room temp. Excellent with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
7. Done! Slice, serve, and enjoy!
More peach recipes are headed your way. Be warned! 🍑 🍑 🍑
I invite you to subscribe to The House on Silverado by entering your email HERE. That way you won’t miss a thing.
This post contains affiliate links.