This High Protein Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Bread has multiple personalities. It can function as a decadent dessert, because of it’s chocolately/peanut buttery deliciousness. Because it’s a quick bread, it works as a great after-school or coffee break snack. And, it functions as a perfect grab ‘n’ go breakfast with staying power, because of the addition of protein powder.
Basically, you can’t go wrong with this. 🤪
Here are all the ingredients (plus 2 bananas that aren’t pictured) needed to make this High Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread.
Chike High Protein Iced Coffee is a favorite of mine. I used the Mocha Iced Coffee flavor, but it also comes in several other varieties that would be excellent in this recipe too– especially the Peanut Butter or the Chocolate Peanut Butter! Each serving of the High Protein Iced Coffee has 20g of protein, only 3g of sugar, and 2 espresso shots. And the best part is it tastes so good. I’ve purchased this many times over for the past few years for smoothies, shakes, and just to drink over ice.
Adding it to this banana bread amplifies the chocolatey flavor and gives it an excellent protein boost!
I used regular pure maple syrup, but if you’re looking to cut the sugar and calories back, you could easily sub sugar-free maple syrup as the sweetener. An equal amount of honey or agave syrup would work, too.
I used 3/4 cup almond powder and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, because I like the texture it gives the bread, but you could flex this how you choose. Use all of one kind of flour, or half and half… whatever you prefer, just as long as it is one total cup of flour.
Prepare Your Pan
This is a really dense and moist bread, so prepare your loaf pan with some parchment on the bottom, as well as spraying the bottom and sides with cooking spray, to make sure the loaf lifts out of the pan easily.
Sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top of the loaf before you slide it in the oven, because….chocolate.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake. You don’t want to dry it out.
High Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 scoops protein powder coffee or chocolate flavored
- ½ cup creamy peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup regular or sugar free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper, and spray bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients until well-mixed.
- Then fold in dry ingredients and mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, and top with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, before removing from pan and allowing to continue cooling on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight containers for a couple of days, or 3-4 days in fridge.
Store it in an air-tight container for a couple of days, or you can put it in the fridge and it will last a couple of days longer.
This is a snack/dessert you can feel good about eating, even for breakfast!
My cake plate with a glass dome is vintage, but this one is similar.
This post contains affiliate links.