This smoothie makes the perfect light summer breakfast. or refreshing afternoon treat on a hot day.
Fresh peaches are in-season right now, and they make this smoothie next-level amazing. But you could use frozen peaches from the grocery store, too.
We just bought 25 pounds of fresh Georgia Peaches last week, so I’m swimming in peaches right now. We’ve already made this smoothie multiple times. It’s a nice change-up from my go-to Cherry Almond Smoothie that I have been making regularly for the past few weeks. This one has a “Peaches & Cream” vibe to it, without actually using heavy cream.
With all this hot weather we’ve been having, this smoothie really hits the spot. Plus, it couldn’t be easier– just 3 simple ingredients (plus ice), and it’s ready to enjoy.
1. Slice your peach…
You can leave the peel on or take it off–totally your choice. If you blend your smoothie in a high-quality blender, such as a Vitamix or Nutri Bullet, you won’t even know it’s in there, plus it will give you some extra nutrients and fiber.
2. Freeze your peach slices until firm…
I put mine in a freezer Ziploc and placed in the freezer for just over an hour.
3. Add in about 1 cup of milk of your choice…
I used vanilla oat milk, but my favorite milk is vanilla unsweetened almond milk. If you’re using regular milk that isn’t vanilla flavored, you might consider adding in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, to give enhance the “Peaches & Cream” flavor.
4. Toss in a handful of dry roasted macadamia nuts (about 1/2 cup)…
My husband came home with this bag of macadamia nuts from Costco the other day, and they reminded me of the ones we brought home from our honeymoon in Hawaii. 💕
They add the most perfect, nutty background flavor to this juicy peach smoothie, without overpowering the peach flavor. Plus, 1/2 cup of macadamias adds a little more than 5g of protein.
You could also boost the protein in this smoothie by tossing in a scoop of your favorite vanilla-flavored protein powder. if you wanted more protein in yours.
5. After all 3 ingredients (peaches, nuts, milk) are in your blender, add about 1 cup of ice…
6. Blend until smooth and creamy…
7. Pour into a glass, garnish with a peach slice, and serve with a wide straw…
Fresh Peach Smoothie
- Blender or Nutri Bullet
- 1 large fresh peach sliced and frozen
- 1 cup milk of choice I used oat milk
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts I used dry roasted
- ice (about a cup)
- vanilla protein powder can be added for extra protein, but I didn't use it in mine (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- You can peel your peaches, or leave the skin on– your choice. If you use a high-quality blender, the skin will be blended so well, you won't even know it's in there. Plus, leaving it on will add some extra nutrients and fiber.
- Pour into a glass and serve with a wide straw.
If you’re looking for more peach recipes to use up all those golden goodies, try my Fresh Summer Peach Galette!
Until next time,
This post contains affiliate links.