You guys. You’re going to want to stop what you’re doing right now and pay attention. I’m about to show you something that is going to rock your world.– BAILEYS IRISH CREAM BROWNIES! 😳
Now, I love me some Baileys. Pour it in coffee, pour it over ice, pour it in all kind of martini concoctions…. Mmmm, so good.
So when I randomly stumbled across THESE babies awhile back, I knew they were destined to be mine.
They’ve been hanging out in my pantry ever since, just waiting for the perfect recipe. Now that it’s March, what better time to use them than for a decadent, Irish-y dessert? Right?
You can find these Baileys Irish Cream chocolate chips on Amazon (because Amazon has everything), and according to a quick internet search, you can also get them at Walmart. I don’t typically shop there, so you’ll have to check it out for yourself.
If you can’t find them, you can definitely use regular chocolate chips in these brownies. The frosting packs a big ol’ punch of Irish Cream flavor, so even if you just have plain chocolate chips in the brownies themselves, you’ll still have the Baileys flavor coming through in the frosting.
How to Make Baileys Irish Cream Brownies
I also highly recommend Watkins Baking Vanilla. It’s a level (or two) above any other vanilla I’ve ever baked with.
When I’m baking anything chocolate, I always sneak in a teaspoon or so of espresso powder. It complements the chocolate and gives it a sort of mocha flavor. I’m using this one from Williams-Sonoma right now, but I also have THIS King Arthur brand that is equally as good.
My Favorite Baking Tools
Once you have all your ingredients mixed together, spread the batter into a prepared 8×8 inch baking dish. I like to line mine with parchment paper, so I can take the whole thing out of the pan and cut into nice, neat little bars.
Baileys Irish Cream Brownies
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup white, granulated sugar
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream chocolate chips or any kind of chocolate chips you prefer
Baileys Irish Cream Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 tbsp whipping cream (milk will work, too)
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar (more or less)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost with Baileys Irish Cream frosting when cool (see recipe below). Cut into 16 squares.
Baileys Irish Cream Frosting
- Place the butter in a saucepan and heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat and add Baileys and whipping cream. Whisk in the powdered sugar until you have the consistency that you desire (you should be looking for a thick, smooth icing that is still pourable). Pour on top of the cooled brownies and spread to the edges to cover completely. Refrigerate until set.
The Baileys Irish Cream chocolate chips are non-alcoholic, and the frosting only has 2 tablespoons of Baileys in the whole recipe, so I really think these would be okay for your whole family to enjoy. If you cut them into 16 bars, like the recipe recommends, there is barely any alcohol in each serving. Even if they (or you– no judgement) ate the whole pan, there’s not enough alcohol in the entire recipe to do much damage. 🤪
Wait, are you still here? You really should be in your kitchen by now, whipping these up. Yes, they are that good.
PS. For more great recipes like this one, follow me on Facebook —– Instagram —– Pinterest or subscribe by entering your email in the box at the very top of the right sidebar. Thanks for your support. 💕
This post contains affiliate links.