My husband and I celebrated our 50th birthdays together in Disney World. It was such a fun way to celebrate being young at heart, even though the years are adding up. 😳
While we were there, we dined at the Canadian restaurant in Epcot called Le Cellier. We had the most delicious meal that included a scrumptious steak with a creamy risotto, Canadian cheese soup, an amazing Maple Creme Brulee, and an aptly named wine that I just had to order when I saw it on the menu….. Silverado Cabernet!
But, my favorite part of the meal was the side dish of Maple Bourbon Glazed Brussel Sprouts! And somehow, they are the one part of the meal I didn’t get a picture of. Fail.
When we came home, I just had to try and recreate it. This recipe comes pretty darn close! Since then, we’ve made it many times over, both for ourselves and for guests. Everyone loves them! If you think you don’t like Brussel Sprouts, you really need to give these a try. I think your mind might be changed…
Maple Bourbon Glazed Brussel Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussel Sprouts
- 4 strips bacon uncooked
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut Brussels in half, and dice bacon. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the bourbon, maple syrup, olive oil, vinegar, and paprika.
- Add Brussels to bowl, with marinade, toss to coat and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir in bacon.
- Spread Brussels on large, foil lined baking sheet. Season with salt & pepper.
- Roast on low oven rack until tender on the inside and crispy on outside, about 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Glaze should be thickened when done, and Brussels slightly charred.